Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Nazareth athletic director gives up post and heads back to classroom

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

FROM KEITH GROLLER


When the 2014-15 school year begins, Nazareth will have a new athletic director.
In an e-mail sent to members of the media on Tuesday, Joe Silimperi announced that he is leaving his position as director of athletics and activities after serving in that role for just one year.
Silimperi replaced Rusty Amato, who had been Nazareth's AD for many years before making the move to assistant principal.
"I would like to thank the Nazareth board, administration, community, coaches and students for a wonderful year," Silimperi said in his e-mail. "However, at this time, I am returning to the classroom as a teacher.  I have always put family first and presently in order to be at my best I need to make this change.
"There is no 'story' behind this move. It is my decision.  I wish you all the best and will be in the stands for many years to come."

No comments: