Thursday, December 29, 2011

Persa hopes Saturday isn't his last game

FROM KEITH GROLLER

Had the chance to talk with former Liberty High star Dan Persa on Wednesday as Northwestern continued preparations for Saturday's Meineke Care Care Bowl in Houston against Texas A&M.

It's a noon start on ESPN.

We will have a feature on Dan in Saturday's paper.
By now, everyone knows his story about coming back from the brutal Achilles tendon injury suffered last season.

He said he hasn't been close to 100 percent this season, maybe 75 percent -- max.

But Persa feels he has a shot at playing at the next level.

"I want to play football as long as I can," he said. "I want to give the NFL a shot and train and try to get myself back to 100 percent and hopefully I will get picked up by a team.

"I definitely feel I have a shot. The big thing will be to adjust to a pro-style offense and being more of a dropback quarterback instead of being in the shotgun like here in college. I am sure people will look at my height (listed at 6-foot-1, but probably an inch or more shorter) and realize I am not the tallest guy in the world. So, I have to work on some stuff, but I've overcome a lot worse."

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

No comments: