Thursday, June 30, 2011

KEITH GROLLER VACATION

FROM KEITH GROLLER

It's Thursday night and sunny here in Ocean City, Maryland.

Both the weather and my gout-afflicted big toe have gotten better as the week has progressed.

That's me, below, with two of my favorite ladies (daughter Aimee, 9; and granddaughter Alexia, 2) and the entire family about to chow down at the Phillips Seafood restaurant where we always make sure to get our money's worth.

I heard from a bunch of people about the gout and I appreciate the help and info. I even heard from an organization promoting awareness about gout through pit stops at race tracks. Here's that web site.

– www.goutpitstop.com

Sad to say, though, that I probably won't be 100 percent until I get home sometime on Saturday.

Shore 002

Shore 001

Interesting week unfolding back home. Real curious who will be getting the Moravian College athletic director job on Friday.

If I had to guess, it will be longtime Greyhounds football coach Scot Dapp, who has been a great ambassador for that school since 1987. If he wants that job, he deserves to get it.

If Dapp does get it, and has to leave the football position, a lot of big names would be going for that opening. It would be a much coveted job, but the timing wouldn't be ideal with the start of practice only about six weeks away.

Been watching a lot of Orioles baseball down here this week Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer do a nice job on the O's games. Of course, they sound better when describing Cardinals wins. If Baltimore was closer, I'd pop over to see my Redbirds. Good seats are definitely available at Camden Yards. But Baltimore is no closer from here than it is from the Lehigh Valley.

Phillies continue to amaze with their pitching. Could be looking at another Yanks-Phillies World Series.

Finally, I encourage you to listen to Roger Pence and Craig Kackenmeister on Saturday's "Calling All Sports" radio show, heard 9-11 a.m. on AM 1470 and fox1470.com. Glen Klein, the tournament director for the Stellar Construction basketball tournament, will be one of the guests. It's going to be a Groller-free show, so enjoy.

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

No comments: