Thursday, October 28, 2010

Unbeaten Central Catholic football team on TV tonight

FROM KEITH GROLLER

I am sure this is a sign I am just getting old, but I am actually looking forward to today's Oprah show.

When I was a young man, oh so long ago, I loved the movie "Sound of Music."

Knew the words to all of those songs. "When the dog bites, when the bees sting, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad .. " you know, the whole deal.

Maybe it was because my great-grandfather Groller came here to the Lehigh Valley (Coplay, actually) from Austria where the movie was based. Maybe it was because I had a crush on Julie Andrews ... I don't know.

But I loved that movie, and even now when it's on TV, usually around the holidays, I stop flicking between sporting events for a minute or two and watch. Can't help it. Makes me feel like a kid again.

Anyway, on today's "Oprah" show, Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, the lead actors in "Sound of Music," are the special guests along with all of the original cast members. Even members of the real von Trapp family will be on.

I will be watching, or at least taping.

I would also watch -- if I had RCN4 at home -- tonight's "Sports Talk" show at 6, hosted by my friend Chris Michael.

It will feature Central Catholic head coach Harold Fairclough (seen below) and members of the unbeaten Vikings football team.


It's a live show and you can participate by calling 610-443-2766 to win prizes or email questions/opinions at any time at rcnsportstalk@rcn.com

It may not be the "Sound of Music," but I am sure many are interested in hearing the "Sound of the Vikings" as they continue what is shaping up to be a most memorable football season.

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

No comments: