Tuesday, November 24, 2009

HOLIDAY HELP

Received this note and wanted to pass it along:

Friends:



Thank you for the support you gave for the fall 2008 Leukemia Used Book/Movie Sale. We were blessed to raise over $1300 for the families with children with Leukemia. We were able to donate to 3 families.



We were hoping to have a book sale this fall but the dates didn't work out with our venue. I just confirmed with St. John's UCC in Nazareth that we will have our book/movie sale on February 20, 2010 from 9:00-2:00.



What can you do to help this year?

1. Ask your child's school, church, or organization to help collect used books/movies. (Let me know which school you will contact so we don't overlap.) Would they be willing to do an email blast to parents/members to alert them to the sale?

2. Volunteer to sort books. (I already have over 1000 books in my basement ready to be sorted.)

3. Volunteer to work a shift at the book sale or the day before for setting up.

4. Agree to have your home as a collection site that I can put on notices.

5. Join the advertisement team. We need people to come up with creative ways to get the news out. We'll meet once or twice before the sale.

6. Email blast your friends, co-workers, neighbors, relatives about the sale. (I will put a document together soon so you can send it out.)

7. Ask your friends to help with our effort. If they want to be added to my email distribution list, let me know.

8. Tell me about a family with a child with Leukemia that needs help with medical expenses.



Let's make a difference in families that needs help

No comments: